Of course Social media can bring about real social change! I think it can bring more change than ever before. Just because you meet people threw social networking doesn’t mean you can’t get to know them personally. Dating sites were created and are effective for the same reason. It is harder to find similar people with a phone book, and walking around talking to random people. With social networking sites you can post things about yourself, and people like you will approach you. You can read other peoples sites and approach them. Or an organization will create a site that anyone and everyone who likes that organization can communicate with each other. I think people who don’t think social media helps social change, really are unfamiliar with social media, and really haven’t given it a chance or done their research. There are thousands, probably billions of people all working together with social media and making social change everyday.
I get what your saying amber but I don't really agree with your statements. I understand about social media helping people donate etc but it comes down to where everyone is using and depending on technology, and also its great to have free speech but with the internet there is no structure/rules (hierarchy) for people to limit there judgments etc.
ReplyDelete